Saturday, June 21, 2008

Whirlwind of awesomeness

Well, things are off to a good start here at Corinth Christian Church.  This last week CIY Move came and went in a whirlwind, my second week on the job.  Things are crazy but they are good.  I got to baptize two students in the Atlantic Ocean of Savannah on Thursday.  That was quite an experience.  Then right when I got home today, I met my neighbor Jeff.  He is really cool and was very friendly and invited me to hang with him and his fiance on the fourth and seemed like he would be willing to help whenever, with whatever.  It is so cool how the Lord answers prayer like he does, because I was praying this last week at CIY that I would meet my neighbors and then I get home and that is the first thing that even happened.  Then I got to take a nap and refresh from the tiring week in my new bed and slept comfortably in my house.  The Lord has been so good to me.  I woke up from my nap and went grocery shopping on a gift card given to me by church members.  And now I'm at Starbucks writing on my new laptop that the church bought for me as a work tool.  
I don't deserve any of this and I just find myself in the middle of so much blessings.  I need to be very careful to not get prideful.  All of this is a gift from God--everything from life, to computers, to neighbors to a house.  
If you read this, please stop for just one moment and think about all the good things in your life right now, and thank God that he has been so gracious to you.  I'm loving this ride, even though it is tiring, and new and it will be really hard at times.  I'm learning a lot and it's totally worth it!

No comments: