Saturday, October 18, 2008

The Roller Coaster of Life

Well this last month has been way up and way down. There seems to not be any middle ground. It's either really good and pleasant, or really frustrating and depressing. A month ago I got my shoulder dislocated. Not long after that I got to go home, to Joplin MO and see family--a great time. However, when I was gone, my plans I had set up for youth group just flopped big time. I got that worked out though and the next week I got to go to a huge conference for free, and actually get paid to go to it! However, the night before I was leaving I received very disturbing news that someone wanted to quit helping with the ministry because they felt that I had pushed them out. Once again I was in the valley. Well I got that worked out and hosted a good friend in town for the weekend. That was awesome. Then the next week, I was just complaining to God in my journal because I felt slightly burnt out, and it was really hitting me hard that this thing I signed up for doesn't just end. It's ongoing, all the time. Well that day, God showed me his faithfulness like crazy and everything went better than I could've hoped. The very next day, someone pulled across my lane of traffic and I crashed my car into a minivan. I'm fine physically, but my car might be totaled because it is so old. I don't have money to buy a new car. Then, on top of that, I found out that two people close to me made some very foolish decisions. It really disappointed me. Both of them have potential for leadership.
I'm still awaiting the outcome of this car thing. It's frustrating and confusing, but causing me to trust all the more. Hopefully the next direction is up, since the last few days have been filled with really sucky stuff. It makes me really evaluate my title, because sometimes life doesn't seem like it's so good. I guess it still is. I know I'll get through it, and that sometimes life just happens.

No comments: