Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Incarnation!?!

So I was getting ready for a youth group lesson about the Incarnation of Jesus and asking questions like--what is it exactly, why do we need it, what makes it so amazing? One observation that I came across that I had never thought of before was from Genesis 3.8 when God was walking in the Garden. I mean, I had noticed that before, but never thought about it in this certain way. See I had also been reading Scriptures like Col. 2.9, "The fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form..." Then Phil. 3.21 speaks of of our bodies being transformed into a body like Jesus' glorious body. Hebrews also speaks of a mediator, which is Jesus, that has to be a man so he can understand fully the situation that man finds himself in.
Anyway, what I'm am getting at in a roundabout way is that Jesus is still living incarnationally--fully God and fully man. Paul writes that the fullness of the Deity lives--currently--in bodily form! It seems to me that one thing that the Incarnation does is start the restoration process to get back to Eden. There was once a time when God walked in the Garden and Adam and Eve heard him. I'm not sure exactly what that was like, but what if he was in human form--incarnationally fully God and fully man. What if Jesus coming to our level--taking on a body, dealing with sin, and identifying as our perfect high priest is part of the restoration process to redeem this broken and fallen world.
Pretty cool to think about. Jesus is reigning as fully God and fully man--Incarnationally. Through Him we ar on our way back to Eden--to the perfect dwelling!

No comments: