Saturday, September 27, 2008

Maybe I'm not so lucky

Well, 9 days ago I dislocated my right shoulder playing soccer in a local indoor league. Maybe I'm not so lucky after all. Everything is fine now, and I seem to be recovering well. I see the doctor in two days, so I'm hoping he will give me good news and a good plan for rehab.
It sure makes normal tasks difficult if you only have one hand. Try driving, cooking, doing laundry with your non-dominant hand.
To make things better though, I'll be in Missouri this next week and see my family, which I'm really excited about. I'll be doing the CIY thing, evaluating the conference last summer and looking at next summer's theme and ideas. I'm really honored and excited. I'm trying to get ahead so I won't have to stress about lesson plans and all that. I think I'm almost there. This first year continues to be a mixture of good, new, hard, stressfull, and a lot of mixed feelings. I was looking at pictures of the OCC soccer team today on Facebook and it got me missing it. Also the dorm life and cafeteria life is just so special. However, there are plenty of good things here. I also am confident this is where I need to be right now. I just need to get over the stress of planning trips many months out, and trying to decide on themes for retreats and such. It's all going to be okay.
Well I guess it's time to go back home and watch football and take notes on Exodus. Untill next time...

No comments: